Dog Gone Rescue BC is a fictitious non profit organization that I created for a school project at BCIT. This was my first web design project after enrolling at the British Columbia Institute of Technology. It’s a fully responsive website developed using WordPress CMS.
Create a website for a fictitious non profit organization
After doing some competitive analysis and brainstorming ideas needed to produce the mood and feel of Dog Gone Rescue Organization’s brand identity. I then used Adobe XD to create low fidelity wireframes to confirm the design model of the project.
- Hamburger menu for user friendly and responsive design
- High definition images throughout website
- Smooth scroll button to take you from the bottom to the top of the page
- A functioning donate form to donate your money for a good cause
- People looking to adopt dogs from a shelter rather than buying from stores
- Animal enthusiasts looking to help save homeless dogs from euthanasia
With the client being a dog rescue organization, I wanted to go with a very minimalistic look and to give the website a kind, very friendly feel. I used the F-type pattern throughout the website to keep the users attention flowing.
The goal of Dog Gone Rescue BC was to build a responsive website that would really stand out to users. The idea was to build awareness around the rescue organization’s brand using a simple modern design. Given the nature of the client, I went with a very minimalistic and simple layout that displays all the information the user needs about the organization.
One of the biggest challenges I faced in this project was the fact it was the first fully developed website I had ever built using WordPress CMS. This project had a tight deadline so the analysis and design process was key in delivering a minimum viable product.